Recently Scott Santis has been pissed off at the journalism site huffingtonpost.com because it employs its bloggers without pay. Well, I've got news for you, Scott. Here are a list of other things on the internet that usually have no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Writing this blog (or most blogs)
- Posting videos on YouTube, or any video site except MoneyTube (whose legality is debatable)
- Writing an open-source project on sourceforge.net
- Writing a whole novel on fanfiction.net
- Editing together retarded yet somehow funny pictures on icanhascheezburger.com
- Posting the result of 2 days in Garry's Mod and 72 hours in Photoshop
- Writing a game guide on gamefaqs.com
- Making a comic that has the exact same joke 4 days in a row
Of course, if the concept of not being paid for something is daunting to you, you can of course stop DOING whatever it is you're doing.